I had many goals for 2019 – one of them was to read and write a bit more.When you look a my bookshelf you would probably think that the books I am reading at the moment would be something really technical – but it’s actually not. Lately (last 3-5 years) I have begun to have more and more interest into personal selfdevelopment, optimizing work, team development, organization pshycology etc. And thats why I lately have been reading these two books:
Both books are quite hands on and fit the way I think. I am a strong beliver in remote working and all the methologies that follows. Most of the methods were already know to me but its always nice to brush up and have it in the front of your mind. Also I quite a big fan of the ways DHH do work at his company Basecamp.
Design sprints is quite awesome and really a methology I would like to follow more when building new products. The only hard thing about this “procedure” is that all the members (your co-workers) have to be aligned on using the same methology and be all in – otherwise its quite hard to achieve a design sprint in 4-5 days. After the book I’ve been inspired to participate in some meetups regarding this.
So we have entered 2019 – and happy new year!
Every year I set myself new goals. and this year will be the same. My goals are everything from personal development, technical skills, and others. Its related to my work (CTO in pere.com), my personal life and in general relations to others (friends etc.)
Here are my top 10 goals for 2019.
- Be more focused when with my kids. When I am off – I am off!
- Read more and read more often. I love to read but I am bad in finishing a book. So I will at least finish 5-8 good books this year (mainly business and tech books).
- Be more fit – improve my general lifestyle (eat better and stay in shape in fitness center + biking more)
- Even though I see my self as a person that is getting things done – I still feel I could be even more optimal here. More Getting Things Done (GTD) for all my projects this year.
- Work even more on my growth mindset. Writing and reading more will help me with that.
- Excel in leading people. Right now I feel that I am good in this – but I would like to become a master in this! – also reading, writing and having a lot of conversations will help here. I love the word leader, I hate the word manager and resource!
- Pursue more remote work – for my self and for my employees. Will be made default in 2019!
- Learn more and be even better in Data Analytics regarding startup businesses. Right now I have setup Grafana for metrics and KPIs, I would also like to setup Tableau for dynamic drill-down analytics etc.
- Even though I am quite robust in Amazon Web Services (AWS) – I would like to become an expert in AWS and many of their services there.
- Transform our web app into a PWA app – and learn to be better in optimizing it – with state management and caching/service workers.
I know that goals for a whole year are quite hard to do – like developing kanban style and doing a roadmap. Some might be realized and some might not due to new focus etc. But this is my roadmap for 2019!
Stay calm and focused out threre!